Benjamin Trayne

Benjamin Trayne

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dreams

Download

I’m really no different from you. Not at all.

Before I’m through, it’s possible you may want with all of your heart to believe that I am. But I am not. I could never begin to change that, even if it was what I wanted.

The struggle of daily pursuit of an ordinary living can easily lead one to believe that it’s all there is, or all that ever will be. To think that the mundane and the humdrum and the strife are one’s lot in life, and to wish it was just about anything otherwise. And so we seek various kinds of excitement, or pleasure, and any form of justification for our lives. We search, often in vain, to recapture lost passions from the ash-heaps of spent living. Relationships fade and die, often because we let them. Surely what we have always believed we deserve will appear in the next, or the next. We want money because, well, everyone does. Money is the source of power, and influence, surely security, why shouldn’t it be the root of happiness? But it isn’t. Neither is it the means of finding anything else you’ve ever sought. In fact it’s a waste.

And in fact, limits of every kind are self-imposed. Someone hangs a label on you and even you eventually believe what’s on that label. It was never so. You are and always will be, ever and precisely what you choose. If you believe you are strong, you are. If you believe you are weak, the same is true. If you stand straight, clench your fists, open your mind and feel the power of your own existence, you will handle whatever adversity may find you. If you whimper and cower and live in fear, you will die of it. It’s as simple as that.

Everyone has an opinion, here is mine, you can take it or leave it as you choose. I have lived before. I don’t know who I was or what I did or even if it was more than once. But I’ve found no other explanation for the things I understand or the things I see, whenever I choose to actually look. And I don’t think that’s anything special at all. Because I believe you have too.

If there is anything different about me, it may be that I’m aware. That after perhaps eons of existence, I am still amazed at the stark beauty and complexity of a flower, thrilled by the warmth of the sun on my face and the wind in my hair and the stars sparkling their brilliance throughout the nearly unimaginable depths of the firmament that surrounds this, my world. The trill of songbirds and the scream of a hawk and the roar of a lion, all are of equal beauty to me. Life!! Breath. Existence.

No amount of money can buy it.

No words could ever begin to describe it.

The greatest of all human artists could never hope to capture it.

And yet, it is yours. It is mine.

Let me ask you, do you have a lot? Do you have just a little? Do you even know?

Well I do. I am among the richest men on this planet. And what I have is not for sale. I have peace. If you’d like, you can have it too. It’s free.

“Fear this?” Give me a break. I fear nothing, certainly not death. I fear no one. My life is my own. 
 
And, I have dreams. The beautiful, the sweet, the astounding, the power of the universe, all of it is mine. It can be yours too, if you want it.

Seize it. Live it. Love it for all you can. Human emotion is the greatest power on earth.

And life is the greatest gift of all.

                                                  **********

No comments:

Post a Comment